Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy New Year... a little late but that's ok!

Well Christmas and New Year's have come and gone!  And amazingly I finished all of my projects!  My son LOVED his Yankee's blanket which I worked on all the way up till the night of the 23rd lol! Here he is when he opened it on Christmas morning!  Silly kid!


And here is a better pic of the blanket itself

It was a really fun project that took a LOT of yarn but it was worth it!

And then I also made a slouchy hat and fingerless gloves for my daughter!  She really wanted them and she had picked out Loops and Thread Dewdrops in white.  I wish she hadn't lol!  That yarn is super bulky and would make cute scarves but it was almost impossible to make into a "slouchy" style!!  I can't tell you how many times I ripped it out!!  But in the end I got it to hang right using the  Hometown Slouchy Hat pattern I found thru Ravelry and she loved them!  I need to get a pic of her wearing them but here is a pic of the hat



I made a ton of stuff for Christmas but in my classic fashion I forgot to take pictures of them lol!  One I did remember to snap before giving away was a another slouchy hat that I did for my daughter's gift exchange at church.  It was just done in Caron Simply Soft Paints in Oceana using the pattern Urban Jungle by Vickie Howell for Caron.  I got a ton of compliments on it and will be making another one for me very soon!  Well I hope very soon but I have alot of projects in the works who has time to make something for themselves?!?!  Here's my adorable daughter modeling it for me :)



I really hope the links to these patterns work!  Since I'm so new to this blog stuff I don't know if I'm doing it right!  But the patterns were great and easy to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment