Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Feeling the Christmas crunch!

Well I think I have hit a new record... I am currently working on four projects at once!  One is my son's Yankee's blanket, two is a slouchy hat and fingerless gloves for my daughter, three is a cowl for my sister, and four is a slouchy hat for my daughter to give to a friend for Christmas.  And is was five until tonight when I finished a cowl for our church ladies Christmas party. I'll post pics of it later!  All while suffering from some sort of lung infection! 

The craziest part is since so many are gifts for my loved ones I have to juggle when to work on them!!  I can't work on the Yankee's blanket while my son is around, can't do my daughter's hat and gloves while she's around, and can't do my sister's cowl while she's over!!  My daughters hat has been driving me nuts!!!  I have ripped it out so many times I have lost count!  It just is such a bulky yarn that it's hard to turn it into a good looking slouchy hat.  Oh well tomorrow is a new day and a new pattern to try lol!

Here are a few pictures of some recent projects I have completed that I thought I would share!  Makes me forget the work load I have to do when I look at all I have done :)


My first purse project!!  I love it! Found it on Ravelry under Nordstrom Hobo bag!  Got inspiration for the color scheme from a Coach purse I saw.



I lined it and everything woohoo!!




Some baby hats I made to for my cousins new baby and her big sis!  I have a couple more of these to make after Christmas for a few more cousins!



Knitted hat and scarf I made for my son's best friend in his favorite Boise State colors!  It's a Christmas present, I hope he likes them!  Again another project after Christmas, to try and make this hat using circular knitting needles so I don't have a seam up the back.  I hate sewing!



And one of the hardest things I have made, actually it wasn't difficult but more time consuming!  It was for a friend's baby shower.  I thought it was going to be a lot smaller than it actually turned out to be but it was so cute finished!  When it was over I thought "I never want to see that lamb again" but of course when it was pulled out of the bag I got lots of ooooohhhh can you make one of those for me?  And what do I say.... yes of course!  So I'm sure there will be more lamb pics to come ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment